Next to shower stall and toilet, another basic concern for remodeling the bathrooms is the material to be used for the vanity countertops. Fortunately, unlike with countertops meant for the kitchen, the one for the bathroom sink does not have to be strictly utilitarian in style. After all, it seldom takes the same degree of abuse that the kitchen countertop is basically given to: knife scratches, food stains and surface cracks due to accidental drops of heavy objects. Continue reading Choosing Granite Vanity Countertops for the Bathroom
Bathroom remodeling can boost the value of your home. After all, everyone wants a nice and clean bathroom. If you are looking to take your bathroom to the next level, planning your remodeling project properly is very important. Here is the step-by-step process to ensure you get the best bathroom update your money can buy.
1. Look for ideas- When thinking about how you’ll create your dream bathroom, you’re going to need some inspiration to get the job done. And you have all kinds of resources to get inspiration from. Home improvement guides, features, pictures provide you with an idea on what the best trends and color combinations are. Focus on one particular theme or combine different design cues to create your own personalized theme. You can design your own template or you can ask the help of an interior designer.
2. Canvas for materials needed for the construction- To flesh out any bathroom remodeling plan, finding the right parts for the job is necessary. Search for the parts you’ll potentially need for the project. First, it gives you an idea how much you’ll potentially have to invest on the renovation. Second, you’ll see which materials you can use for your bathroom. And third, you can have an idea on what to expect come negotiation time.
3. Look for a local contractor– You must get the help of a professional contractor to carry out your bathroom remodeling plan. There are a lot of contractors in or near Tulsa ready to take on the task of building your dream bathroom. Look for a contractor that is licensed to do such jobs. It would be much better if they specialize in bathroom projects.
4. Screen candidates to come up with the best contractor available- First, check the credibility of candidates by looking at factors such as licenses and business addresses. Second, conduct interviews to see the credentials of the contractors and what they intend to bring into the table. Third, ask for referrals and check their portfolio. And fourth, ask them how they intend to proceed with the project. Choose the candidate with the best combination of skill, track record, credentials, and price.
5. See through the entire project- Sure, it’s the contractor and his/her team’s responsibility to get your remodeled bathroom up and running. But you do play a big role in ensuring the success of the build. Monitor the progress of the build and ensure nothing is being compromised during the project. Work closely with the team you acquired for your bathroom remodeling project. Your presence is important to ensure that the project gets completed without any issue.